A blueberry liqueur cocktail recipe crafted from scratch!
A Refreshing Blueberry Liqueur Summer Drink
I’m super excited to share this refreshing summer drink with you! My hubs loves to play with cocktail recipes, and he created this recipe from scratch – the base was a blueberry liqueur dessert wine made locally by a company that has since refocussed their business and no longer offers this particular liqueur. Luckily you can swap in any blueberry liqueur of your choosing to get the desired outcome.
- 4 parts Vodka
- 2 parts Blueberry Liqueur Dessert Wine
- 1 part Triple Sec or Cointreau (Orange Liqueur)
- 1 Orange Peel
- 1 Orange Twist
- 1 Small Handful Freshly Picked Blueberries
Mix it up:
- Fill cocktail glass with ice, preferably a vintage glass from Audrey Would! 😉
- Fill cocktail shaker 2/3 full with ice
- Measure in Vodka, Dessert Wine and Orange Liqueur
- Shake until ice-cold
- Strain (pour) over ice in glass
- Squeeze orange peel over cocktail to release essence
- Garnish with twist of orange and fresh blueberries
Hubs has called this cocktail, ‘Blueberry Summer’. In a toast to the blueberry’s regal purple roots, this vintage silver coaster from Audrey Would! seemed like a perfect fit.
I was the lucky sampler of this test run, and I have to tell you, it was really tasty – so perfect for a hot, summer day. The blueberries were amazing. They were picked fresh, and ripened on the vine they were deliciously plump and juicy. If you are into fresh blueberries, you will definitely love this Blueberry Summer cocktail!
Thank you Clemens for sharing this pilot run with me!
How about you? Do you like to craft your own cocktail recipes? Do you have a favourite recipe to share – we would love to give it a try, and match it up with a little Audrey Would! vintage stemware.
Or, if you decide to try Clemens’ Blueberry Summer cocktail instead, I’d love for you to take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #audreywouldvintagehome
Thanks for stopping by!
Photographs © Audrey Would! Vintage Home